Managing Innovative Teams
Click here to enroll
Dates: June 23 - July 6 2019
Duration: 39 hours if instruction
Place: University Of California, Irvine
This course will prepare students to manage an innovative team through a Strategic Thinking Process. Unlike a traditional management course, our focus is on strategic thinking management and leadership from the unique lens of an innovative process. Students will learn practical strategies to innovate their management teams in order to meet their future organizational goals.
Responsibilities of Students
- Students are to comply with the standard rules, regulations, and restrictions of UCI, including requirements of language proficiency, and academic honesty. While at UCI, Students are solely responsible for their conduct and for complying with the laws of the United States or any State. REGENTS and UCI assume no such responsibility.
- Students are solely responsible for securing housing, transportation, meals and any incidentals while in the United States.
- Health Insurance: Students are to maintain health insurance in full force and effect that complies with the University's requirements for the period of time they are enrolled at the University. As such, students are automatically enrolled in health insurance coverage through the University for a fee. Students who carry their own health insurance coverage may have this fee waived by providing proof of health insurance coverage and/or signing a Health Insurance Waiver form attesting to proof of independent health insurance that meets the University's requirements.
- Housing: Student are responsible for arranging their own housing while in the U.S. University will provide housing information, which can also be found on University's website at http://ip.ce.uci.edu/arrival-housing/university-apartments/. The University shall not be responsible for housing.
- Airport Pick-up: If students wish to arrange for their airport pick-up through University, the published airport pick-up fee can be paid directly to University. Airport pick-up information can be found at http://ip.ce.uci.edu/arrival- housing/airport-pick-up-dates/.
Students are solely responsible for all the expenses related to their participation in the programs noted herein. Such expenses include without limitation:
- Program and program-related fees.
- Fees for passport, visa and other legally required documentation.
- Roundtrip airfare between home country and the United States.
- Any other required UCI fees, which students are to pay directly to UCI.
- Housing, local transportation, and meals.
- Health insurance and healthcare; and
- All other incidental expenses, personal expenses, and/or debts incurred while in the United States.
Professionals from all disciplines who want to increase their leadership skills of innovative teams through the "Strategic Thinking Process".
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Differentiate between Strategic Thinking versus Strategic Planning.
- Understand why most businesses often fail to meet their organizational goals.
- Differentiate between Strategic versus Operational Objectives.
- Manage and neutralize their competitor's strategy.
- Formulate, articulate, communicate, and implement a Strategic Thinking process designed to help companies achieve their desired future organizational results.
This course will be taught in English. Students are expected to have a good level of communication in English (reading, listening, and speaking).
- Team Project Overview.
- Building Leadership Skills.
- Global Human Resources Management.
- Conflict Resolution & Negotiation Skills.
- Facilitated Team Project Work.
- Strategic Planning.
- Design Thinking.
- Agile Project Development.
- Business Plan Development.
- Group Project Work.
- One Million Cups.
- Marketing Innovation.
- Entrepreneurial Communications & Presentation skills.
Eventualmente la Universidad puede verse obligada, por causas de fuerza mayor a cambiar sus profesores o cancelar el programa. En este caso el participante podrá optar por la devolución de su dinero o reinvertirlo en otro curso de Educación Continua que se ofrezca en ese momento, asumiendo la diferencia si la hubiere.
La apertura y desarrollo del programa estará sujeto al número de inscritos. El Departamento/Facultad (Unidad académica que ofrece el curso) de la Universidad de los Andes se reserva el derecho de admisión dependiendo del perfil académico de los aspirantes.